Sunday, September 18, 2011

First Night Without Hot Rod

Last night one of my best friends got married.  (Congrats Shar Shar)  My mom watched Hot Rod while Mike and I attented the wedding.  Half way through the reception, we get a text from my mom saying "You have the night to yourselves!  Enjoy!"  I had Mike call to make sure we read that correctly.  Sure enough, my mom wanted to keep him.  Since we were having so much fun dancing we figured it would be ok.  Fast forward to the end of the night and I was home by 12:30.

I walked around the house, munching on popcorn and watching a movie on netflix.  I enjoyed my night to the fullest.  I went to bed around 2:00 a.m.  Mike woke me up at noon!  NOON! I can't believe I slept through the night AND slept in!  It was wonderful!  It was amazing!  It was refreshing!  I even hung out in bed for a while because I had nothing else to do.  I ended up sewing.  I started working on a coat for my dog and finished a cloth book for Hot Rod.  Thank goodness I'm done with that!  I went to get him until 4:50 p.m.  I think he missed us!

There is only one problem.  I did not feel guilty.  Well, now I feel guilty for not feeling guilty.  Most women I've talked too have said that the first time they leave their wee ones they feel guilty and worry about them all night.  Me, I did not.  I enjoyed every little selfish minute of it.  Of course I thought about Hot Rod, even went into the nursery and though, I miss the little guy.  But over all, I enjoyed getting to be the "old me."  Know what I mean?  It was just nice to be able to sew without having to stop, sit down and veg with out having to get up and chase Rodney.  I guess maybe I knew where he was and knew that if there was a problem my mom or sister would call.  I just feel guilty for enjoying my free time.  I know so many mommies do not get that, but I did and I am thankful.  I just wish I didn't have the "after guilt." 

No comments:

Post a Comment