Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Exercising and a mobile baby

When Rod was itty bitty and I wanted to work out, or do laundry, or even go to the bathroom alone, I could. I could put him in his bouncer chair and know that in the next few minutes he will still be there. Now, he is every where. I love it. Most of the time. But working out with him is less than a simple task. Take today for example.

I'm following the Beachbody Insanity program. I love it. Actually I hate it. I hate cardio. But its getting me results and I'm noticing my strength is really increasing. Therefore I love it. Today i put Rod down for a nap. I changed clothes, got water, and pushed play. Hot Rod woke up. Really kid! I just pushed play! It was a short nap. I picked him up and brought him out to the living room. He sat on the floor and cried. Once again, I hit pause on the dvd player and took him to his bedroom. I thought he was still tired so I nursed and rocked him. He topped off and did not go to sleep.

At least now he was happy. I took him back out to the living room, put him down in front of his toys and was able to finish my warm up before Rod started fussing again. I got him some cheerios, a wooden spoon, and pot. I was able to work out only to hear the banging stop. I turn around to see that Hot Rod had poured the cheerios on the floor and was smashing them with the spoon. Ugh... so maybe the cheerios was a bad idea. I didn't have time to stop. I kept going. He was entertained.

Towards the end he started chasing after my feet and trying to untie my shoes. I would quickly move him but eventually finished. What a relief. This 40 minute would be work out turned into 2 hours of working out and baby chasing. I was glad I did it. I felt accomplished. I am happy to see the changes I'm making in myself and my body. I can't really see any physical changes but I can tell that I'm getting stronger. Its a start! I'm nearly halfway done and will be taking my 30 day pictures soon. I can't believe I'm nearly halfway through the program. I can't wait to see what the final results are!

Nutrition wise, I'm doing great. I have been drinking a chocolate Shakeology shake at least once a day. It really tastes pretty good. My favorite way to drink it is with 1 C of milk, 1 scoop powder, 1 TBS peanut butter, and ice. It tastes like a reeses peanut butter cup. :) I have also cut out a lot of junk, no longer have a soda every day, and am more conscious about eating late at night. I can't wait to post before and after pictures on here for you all to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment