Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Is the whole coupon thing driving you nuts?

It is making me cazy.  I love couponing.  Growing up, Mom was always clipping coupons.  She wasn't one of those insane ones, but she definitely clipped her fair share.  Thanks to that stupid show on TLC Extreme Couponing people have been going crazy. Say what you want but it is not ok to dumpster dive with your 9 year old just to get a few inserts!  People steal papers or just the inserts, purposefully use the wrong coupons to get it cheaper, and then get mad when they get caught.  Others will clear the shelves leaving nothing for other shoppers.  This is just poor etiquette.   
I don't get it. Yes its great to get free stuff, but is it really worth stealing?  I mean, honestly its really sad.  I belong to a coupon groups.  I've been debating leaving them.  Some of the members are not ethical and do not practice what they preach.  They complain about people who steal inserts, but then misuse coupons themselves.  I don't see the difference.  Stealing is stealing, whether its a stick of gum or a car.  It makes no sense to me.  I guess it just bothers me that people feel the need to steal in order to get a great "deal"  I don't know.  I like the groups because I can hear about great deals and sales.  But I don't like them because some of the participants make me wonder how honest they are. 
That being said, I've gotten some great deals lately.  I got major discount on women's toiletry, making them .02 cents per box!  Body wash for free, body wash for .26 cents, Free or $1 deodorant, Free shampoo....the list goes on and on.  Some of the items I keep, the rest I'm going to donate.  I don't need a massive stock pile around the house, I just want to be able to save money on every day items. 
Ok, thats all I wanted to say.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment